[R-SIG-Finance] get.hist.quotes and MySQL

paul sorenson sf at metrak.com
Fri Sep 21 11:16:43 CEST 2007

I am collecting hundreds of time series and storing them in sqlite.  I
am downloading and storing with python then reading them out with R.

I don't know if the MySQL and PostgreSQL interfaces are smarter, but
with SQLite the data all comes out as character, you need to perform
some massaging after extracting data from SQLite.  On the other hand
SQLite is zero administration.

cheers