[R-SIG-Finance] Candlestick chart

BBands bbands at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:39:28 CEST 2007

On 9/17/07, Ian Seow <ianseow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kazuhiro,
>
> There's a nice implementation of candle-stick charting here:-
> http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/graphcode.php?graph=65
>
> You can modify the candles themselves in the plotBollingerBars()
> function to look more like a regular candlestick chart.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> best rgds
> Ian Seow

I do wish they'd get the attribution on that code right. Dirk and I co-wrote it.

Bollinger Bars were designed as a replacement for both Western bars
and Japanese candlesticks. They encode all the information in both
prior charting styles via the use of color in a bar that can be just a
pixel wide--both Western bars and candlesticks must be at least three
pixels wide. Dirk did a really nice job coding them!

    jab
-
John Bollinger, CFA, CMT
www.BollingerBands.com

If you advance far enough, you arrive at the beginning.