[R-SIG-Finance] making sense of 100's of funds

paul sorenson sf at metrak.com
Sat Aug 18 13:30:14 CEST 2007

Tobias,

Thanks for the answer and no problems about the delay (its nothing
compared with trying to move your "hard earned" from one fund manager to
another).

I am really just working my way through this stuff and not much is
"obvious to me".  I will have to go back and check how significant the
alphas are.

At the moment I am just plotting stuff, printing out tables and doing
lots of reading.  I am on a fairly steep learning curve with R, LaTeX,
Sweave as well the core subject matter.  At the end of the day, I want
to be able to select a portfolio of super funds based on some objective
measures.

cheers