[R-SIG-Finance] RMetrics fBasics market data retrieval andtimeSeries functionality still being maintained at all?

jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 06:02:15 CEST 2007

David,

I've had about the same experience - though I haven't really spent enough time with Rmetrics to try and get passed it.

Its certainly not meant to be a replacement - but to at least handle the download part you can download my new quantmod package from CRAN or from http://www.quantmod.com

getSymbols(c("AAPL","SUNW"), return.class = "timeSeries") will download the appropriate data to your workspace.

See ?getSymbols and ?getSymbols.yahoo for info.  You'll also need my Defaults package.

The former is a work in progress - the latter is much more complete.  Both are fairly well documented, and both are fairly small.

Tell me what you think if you try it out.

Jeff Ryan
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile