[R-SIG-Finance] data upload

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Wed Aug 8 16:08:23 CEST 2007

Nicolas Mougeot wrote:
> silly question but can't find an answer:
> I've got a csv file with data (prices, vol,...) and try to download it
> into R.
> however, read.csv create an object with non numeric argument. What's the
> easiest way to transform it into a matrix constituted of numeric elements?

Please provide a small (few line) example of your data and the command
you used that recreates the problem.  Also, please provide the exact
error.

Without seeing your data and the command you used, I suspect it probably
has something to do with row and column names, or the delimiter.

You may want to look at:

?read.table

and try different parameters to make it work with your data.

But until you provide a fully contained example that recreates the
problem, anyone on this list is just guessing.

Regards,

   - Brian