[R-SIG-Finance] data upload

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Wed Aug 8 16:08:23 CEST 2007

Nicolas Mougeot wrote:
> silly question but can't find an answer:
> I've got a csv file with data (prices, vol,...) and try to download it
> into R.
> however, read.csv create an object with non numeric argument. What's the
> easiest way to transform it into a matrix constituted of numeric elements?

Please provide a small (few line) example of your data and the command
you used that recreates the problem.  Also, please provide the exact

Without seeing your data and the command you used, I suspect it probably
has something to do with row and column names, or the delimiter.

You may want to look at:

and try different parameters to make it work with your data.

But until you provide a fully contained example that recreates the
problem, anyone on this list is just guessing.

   - Brian