[R-SIG-Finance] RES: installation of old verisons of fPortfolio

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Jul 21 13:31:47 CEST 2007

    JF> Supposing i discover how to do it on windows, should I
    JF> rename it first (to avoid conflicts resulting of two
    JF> packeages with the same name)??  rgds

Well, you 'd have to first unpack the zip file,
rename the resulting directory and zip it again, then "install
from local Zip file"; but I guess that still won't work.

Instead, do install your 'fPortfolio' package into a different
*library* (a Windows folder that you'd typically create first)
than the one the other 'fPortfolio' is in.

Read the help pages
     ?.libPaths
and  ?library

and then use one of them, probably

  library(fPortfolio, lib = ".. your othter library directory")

Regards,
Martin