[R-SIG-Finance] Simple TWAP Algorithm in R, Part II

Brahm, David David.Brahm at geodecapital.com
Wed Jul 11 20:11:13 CEST 2007

The [-1] in your tapply formula is what associates each spread with the
PRIOR time difference.  If you want to associate it with the NEXT time
difference, just chop off the last element instead of the first.

This function may be handy:
chop <- function(x) rev(rev(x)[-1])

Then:
twp <- tapply( diff(pricedata$time), chop(pricedata$spread), sum )

-- David Brahm (brahm at alum.mit.edu)