[R-SIG-Finance] Intraday data with RBloomberg

davidr at rhotrading.com davidr at rhotrading.com
Fri Jul 6 15:49:46 CEST 2007

Well, I've not given up completely ;-)

I'd forgotten that I DO use Best_Bid for intraday bars, and they say
that for bars, you should use best_bid and best_ask, and last_price.

But for intraday _raw_, it depends on the exchange; Bloomberg help
people suggest requesting both in general and using the one that returns
data (of course if you know which to use, it's simpler to just ask for
the one type.)

(For some reason I can't get RDCOMClient to install correctly in 2.5.0,
hence my frustration, but that's for another thread when I have more
time.)

David L. Reiner
Rho Trading Securities, LLC
550 W. Jackson Blvd #1000