[R-SIG-Finance] R-SIG-Finance Digest, Vol 38, Issue 4

Adrian Trapletti a.trapletti at swissonline.ch
Fri Jul 6 12:47:17 CEST 2007

Just my 2 cents: It might be more useful to split the data part from the
analysis or trading or whatever part. In the first step, data is
received and stored in a database. Typically a C/C++ or Java application
receives data and saves it in a database. In a second step,
applications, e.g., R, may access the data through the database, either
access historical data or data in realtime. If well designed, the delay
of receiving data in realtime through the database instead of a direct
connection is negligible. And you gain a lot of flexibility with this
design.

Best regards
Adrian

--