[R-SIG-Finance] Timeseries data, lattice, and model formulas?

icosa atropa icos.atropa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 05:52:43 CEST 2007

Hello All,

I'm using R for a rather large, multivariate timeseries dataset of ~4
million records.  So far I've divided the set and used conventional
data frames with good success at visualizing, summary statistics, etc.

I've experimented with dedicated timeseries packages like its and zoo
for more complicated analysis, but support for things like factors,
lattice and model formulas seems lacking.  Am I missing something, or
are data frames the most appropriate vehicle for large, multivariate
timeseries?

thanks so much
christian
university of new mexico
--
Far better an approximate answer to the right question, which is often
vague, than the exact answer to the wrong question, which can always