[R-SIG-Finance] Intraday data with RBloomberg

Ian Seow ianseow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:53:01 CEST 2007

Hi David, that doesn't seem to work either.

In the example below, I cut and paste the example from ?blpGetData,
replacing only the security field with 'USDJPY Curncy'. Notice that
the example works great when we use 'ED1 Comdty'. Also, when I try the
historical data example, it works great for USDJPY Curncy daily
prices. I'm totally stumped.

> edc=blpGetData(conn,'USDJPY Curncy', c('BID','ASK'), start=as.chron(Sys.time()-3600), barfields='OPEN', barsize=2)

> edc
                    BID.OPEN ASK.OPEN
(07/04/07 07:46:10)       NA       NA

> edc=blpGetData(conn,'ED1 Comdty', c('BID','ASK'), start=as.chron(Sys.time()-3600), barfields='OPEN', barsize=2)
> edc
                    BID.OPEN ASK.OPEN
(07/03/07 22:38:00)   94.660   94.665
(07/03/07 22:40:00)   94.660   94.665