[R-SIG-Finance] Connecting R w/ 3rd Party Apps

Bernzweig, Bruce (Consultant) bbernzwe at bear.com
Fri Jun 22 14:42:27 CEST 2007

One question I have for you is whether or not the data pulling has to be
done in real time.

Right now I'm using R on data that was originally pulled from FactSet
and Bloomberg but first placed into Excel spread sheets.  The data
processing (stats calculations) are only done once a month so how the
data is actually pulled (which is done by other people) is not too much
of a concern to me at this time.

However, there are ways to mix R with other languages.  Take a look at
the lists of R packages.  You can integrate R with MS Tools (Excel,
Access), C, C++, Java, etc.  You just need to download the relevant
packages.

- Bruce

Message: 1