[R-SIG-Finance] Question: How to Notionalize a Commodity Future?

ngottlieb at marinercapital.com ngottlieb at marinercapital.com
Fri Jun 15 17:08:08 CEST 2007

Whit:

Thanks for your quick response.
I tried doing this:

# of contracts x contract price x contractsize x underlying price of the
contract size (ie. 18,000 bushels at whatever amount).
                                          Contracts      Price     Quote
Units       Contract size        cents/per pound
	BOK7 Comdty	SOYBEAN OIL FUTR May07	200	          32.48
lbs.	cents/lb.	60,000.00	         .01

  I am not sure if this is correct to get notional value?

Neil