[R-SIG-Finance] Standard deviation and plots

Peter Carl pcarl at gsbalum.uchicago.edu
Wed May 23 17:42:27 CEST 2007

There's a good example of such an overlay at:

http://zoonek2.free.fr/UNIX/48_R/03.html

Look for a chart called "Third moment (skewness)".  The example shows
how to calculate dimensions and draw a vertical line segment overlaid
on the histogram.  Although he isn't doing exactly what you're looking
for, the code could be easily modified for your use.

There's a lot of other good stuff there, as well.

Enjoy,

pcc

--
Peter Carl