[R-SIG-Finance] PerformanceAnalytics R package for Performance and Risk Analysis (v0.9.4)

Kurt Hornik Kurt.Hornik at wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Apr 15 21:48:45 CEST 2007

> PerformanceAnalytics R package for Performance and Risk Analysis
> We are pleased to release for the use and review of our peers and mentors
> this R package of econometric tools for performance and risk analysis.

> This version, v0.9.4, is the second public release of the
> PerformanceAnalytics package, and the first release to CRAN. This version
> adds significantly to the documentation and examples over that included
> with version 0.9.3.  We have also added a few additional utility and
> wrapper functions where we felt they would be of general utility.

> PerformanceAnalytics R package version 0.9.4 (v1.0rc2)

Many thanks for your submission.  When I run R CMD check, I get

* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
mean:
  function(x, ...)
mean.LCL:
  function(x, ci)

mean:
  function(x, ...)
mean.UCL:
  function(x, ci)

See section 'Generic functions and methods' of the 'Writing R Extensions'
manual.

* checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING
Undocumented code objects:
  allsymbols bluefocus bluemono bond.dates bond.labels closedsymbols
  cycles.dates dark6equal dark8equal equity.dates equity.labels
  fillsymbols greenfocus greenmono grey6mono grey8mono legend
  linesymbols macro.dates macro.labels opensymbols rainbow10equal
  rainbow12equal rainbow6equal rainbow8equal redfocus redmono
  rich10equal rich12equal rich6equal rich8equal risk.dates risk.labels
  set6equal set8equal tim10equal tim12equal tim6equal tim8equal
Undocumented data sets:
  managers.zoo
All user-level objects in a package should have documentation entries.
See the chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in manual 'Writing R
Extensions'.

Can you pls fix these problems and reupload?

Also, maybe you could take care of

* checking Rd \usage sections ... WARNING
S3 methods shown with full name in documentation object 'cummax.column':
  cummax.column

S3 methods shown with full name in documentation object 'cumprod.column':
  cumprod.column

S3 methods shown with full name in documentation object 'mean.utils':
  mean.geometric mean.stderr mean.UCL mean.LCL

The \usage entries for S3 methods should use the \method markup and not
their full name.
See the chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in manual 'Writing R
Extensions'.

Best
-k