[R-SIG-Finance] R and FinCad

Robert Sams robert at sanctumfi.com
Thu Apr 12 14:08:12 CEST 2007

I've used FinCadXL for over a year. So far, all calculations approximate
reasonably well to bloomberg analytics and dealer valuations (although I
use it primarily for pricing vanilla swaps, swaptions, and bond math).
It is the most comprehensive function suite for interest rate
derivatives and benefits from being (I think) the most widely used
library in the industry. Documentation is reasonably good.

But it is a binary-only library. The world would be a better place if
there was critical mass behind something like QuantLib.

Robert