[R-SIG-Finance] recommended C++ compiler for R package ?

John C. Frain frainj at tcd.ie
Fri Feb 16 22:04:04 CET 2007

I am not an expert on C or C++ but I have used the the Mingw MS Windows port of
gcc with the free IDE Mingw Developer (www.parinasoft.com) with success.  There
is another free IDE Dev-C++ (www.blodshed.net/devcpp.html) for Ms Windows which
I have not used but which also uses the Mingw port of gcc.  I have heard good
reports of this.

John

John C. Frain.
Economics Department