[R-SIG-Finance] displaying a traditional stock chart

Armstrong, Whit whit.armstrong at hcmny.com
Tue Feb 13 15:19:20 CET 2007

Thanks, Dirk.

I was thinking of an R integrated chart.

I've done the whole R->C->Java route before with Rexcepoi, and it's
quite a pain.

I would love to do simple things like select time ranges (x axis ranges)
w/ the mouse on the chart that you and John Bollinger built together.

My previous employer had an internal scripting language that had
interactive graphs.  It's tough to give it up once you get used to
having it.

I assume that that kind of behaviour would require some major changes to
R internals.  Once nice implementation that I've seen which also
preserves the look and feel of R charts is the Rgl package.

http://rgl.neoscientists.org/gallery.shtml

Thx,
Whit

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.