[R-SIG-Finance] 1.data sorting and matching/2.quantile function of empirical marginal distribution

Xiaochen Sun Xiaochen.Sun at brunel.ac.uk
Sun Nov 19 18:44:42 CET 2006

Dear list,

Can any R user leave some hints on the following problems:

We had a data frame with 4 coloums and 676 numbers(rows), now I want to sort Phi first; secondly, find our which F(v1) is equaly Phi(or at least quite close), then tick out that v value....

	u1	v1	F(v1)	Phi
1		v1	3	2
2		v2	4	3
3		v3	2	8
4		v4	5	4
5		v5	8	5
.		.	.
.		.	.
.		.	.
.		.	.
		.
676

Also, did anyone know some package or function on quantile function of empirical marginal distribution?

Thank you very much.

With regards
MC