[R-SIG-Finance] looking for functions that can test/estimate CAPM, APT, Fama's factor model, etc.

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Nov 13 14:27:34 CET 2006

On Sunday 12 November 2006 22:41, Michael wrote:
> > I am also looking for interesting statistical experiments about
> > testing and estimating CAPM, APT, Fama models, etc.
> > using R using financial series data...
> > please give me some pointers... I have been searching
> > the R archives for the past a few hours and I vaguely got to know
> > that there are programs do these interesting statistical things, but
> > I just could not find where are they...

Look at at the 'portfolio' and 'RMetrics' packages.  RMetrics is actually
a group of packages, not just a single module.  These should give you
CAPM and more.

I can also recommend this excellent introductory book:
http://www.amazon.com/Statistics-Finance-Introduction-David-Ruppert/dp/0387202706
Statistics and Finance: An Introduction by David Ruppert

with R examples available here:
http://www.stat.tamu.edu/~ljin/Finance/stat689-R.htm

Once you've worked on this for a while, if you need pointers on a specific
problem, this list may be able to be of greater assistance.

Regards,

   - Brian