[R-SIG-Finance] 3-D graphing in quantile curve

Rob Hyndman Rob.Hyndman at buseco.monash.edu.au
Tue Oct 31 05:44:23 CET 2006

One solution is to use coplot() which is a wonderful, but underused, function in
R/S+.

Another possibility is try the function plot.cde() in the hdrcde package. This
is designed for plotting conditional density estimates. But it could probably be
fooled into plotting conditional quantile estimates without too much difficulty.
It will handle one or two conditioning variables. The plots are either stacked
densities or highest density region strips.

Or you could try persp(), image(), contour(), etc.

Best wishes,
Rob