[R-SIG-Finance] Adding NYMEX to holidays calendar

Joe Byers joe-byers at utulsa.edu
Sun Oct 29 04:19:38 CET 2006

Spencer,

I will look at the code for holidayNYSE.  I had several conversations
with NYMEX right after I posted my message so I wanted to make sure I
had a handle on their upcoming changes for 2007.  These changes will
require several test within the holiday method.  I also need to get the
a couple of years from NYMEX and compare to NYSE to see how much they
will differ for the current holidays and the proposed changes.  I have
given NYMEX rmetrics links and quantlib links to the calendar libraries
of these two software packages along with links to other calendar rules
posted for NYSE, NERC,... in hopes that NYMEX will post the actual rules
they use for their holiday calendars.  This would alleviate me from
implying the rules.  Even if NYMEX would say we follow the "Federal
holidays" and any others would help minimize assumptions on my part.

I will see what I can come up with and send to you both.

Thank you for your reply.

Joe