[R-SIG-Finance] error message when loading package fSeries

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Oct 7 01:24:03 CEST 2006

On 7 October 2006 at 00:12, Diethelm Wuertz wrote:
| - wrote:
|
| Sorry, the Rmetrics Packages are not yet ready for 2.4.0. They will become
| updated during the next week. Many Thanks

FWIW they continue to work under Linux.

edd at basebud:~> R

R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)
Copyright (C) 2006 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

Type 'q()' to quit R.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

> library(fSeries)

Rmetrics, (C) 1999-2005, Diethelm Wuertz, GPL
fBasics: Markets and Basic Statistics

Rmetrics, (C) 1999-2005, Diethelm Wuertz, GPL
fCalendar: Time, Date and Calendar Tools

Rmetrics, (C) 1999-2005, Diethelm Wuertz, GPL
fSeries: The Dynamical Process Behind Financial Markets

Dirk

| Diethelm Wuertz
|
| >When I try to load the package fSeries I get the following error message
| >in a window (in German):
| >
| >"Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt 'signal' wurde in der DLL 'R.dll' nicht
| >gefunden."
| >
| >In the R-Interface it says:
| >
| >"Fehler in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
| >         kann shared library
| >'C:/Programme/R/R-2.4.0/library/fBasics/libs/fBasics.dll' nicht laden:
| >  LoadLibrary failure:  Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.
| >
| >Fehler: Paket 'fBasics' konnte nicht geladen werden"
| >
| >I have no clue what this means.
| >
| >Any help is greatly appreciated.
| >

| >Thank you, MD.

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison