[R-SIG-Finance] mean-(scalar) portfolio optimization

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Thu Aug 24 12:38:32 CEST 2006

If you are serious about portfolio optimization, then
you need to confront integer constraints such as a
maximum number of assets to trade and a maximum
number of assets in the portfolio.  The "nice" optimization
algorithms are going to fail in this case.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com