[R-SIG-Finance] tradestation & R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Aug 4 17:32:56 CEST 2006

On 5 August 2006 at 00:10, Neil Eastep wrote:
| In aswer to my own question, I think my easiest route is to read and use
| "Handling R objects in C", and create a dll that can (now that I
| notice) be accessed from tradestation.  Neil.

As Tradestation imposes Windows, also consider the two (D)Com servers.

Otherwise, I have had luck with C/C++ interfaces to R but I haven't tried the
embedding route you are heading to.  For C++, I can *really* recommend
Dominick's RcppTemplate.

Another option is Simon's Rserve -- that avoids all linking issues as
everything is done over tcp/ip, either on the same box or across the network.

Keep us (or maybe r-devel) posted ...

Good luck, Dirk

| On 8/4/06, Neil Eastep <neileastep at gmail.com> wrote:
| > I am contemplating buying Tradestation, and I wonder if and how this
| > can integrate with R . . . . Any insights would be appreciated.
| > Thanks, Neil.

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison