[R-sig-Finance] Has anyone done any work on Modified Cornish-Fisher VaR calculations in R?

Joe Byers joe-byers at utulsa.edu
Thu Jul 27 15:40:34 CEST 2006

Brian,

John Hull's text Options, Futures and other derivatives has a nice
appendix for Cornish Fisher on pagers 370-371.  This example only
requires linear algebra to approximate the moments.    The appendix does
not define zq but it is up*sigmap * alphahat where alphahat is the
require percentile of a standard normal distribution (1%) in the
appendix's example.

Good Luck
Joe W. Byers
Professor of Finance