[R-sig-Finance] tests for superior predictive ability?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Jun 8 05:52:12 CEST 2006

	  RSiteSearch("white reality check") produced one irrelevant hit, and
RSiteSearch("superior predictive ability") returned 0 hits.  If you have
not received replies to the contrary from anyone else, I would assume
that they are not part of any contributed package.

	  What do the authors say about the availability of software to perform
those tests?  I'm not familiar with those articles, but I'd be surprised
if either were very difficult to program in R.  If the authors offered
free distribution of compiled code of some kind, it shouldn't be too
difficult to link it to R.  They should be compiled with a compiler
compatible with R, and you need to know the internal names [case
sensitive], etc.  I don't do much of that, but others do, so if you try
that and can't get it to work, you might find help on this listserve.

	  This doesn't solve your problem, but I hope it helps.
	  Spencer Graves