[R-sig-Finance] Map of the Market

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Wed Jun 7 17:35:42 CEST 2006

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:56:35 -0400 Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:

> The visualization is called a treemap:

Treemaps are also closely related to mosaic displays. In package "vcd"
there is a very flexible implementation of mosaics provided by mosaic()
(based on the workhorse function strucplot()). We've been playing
around with providing a simple treemap implementation based on
strucplot(), but did not get around to put it into a user-friendly
interface. However, it is not so difficult to produce simple
treemaps with mosaic() by setting up a table with the splitting
variables and corresponding areas.

Best,