[R-sig-Finance] Fwd: Testing technical indicators

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 00:05:25 CEST 2006

Thanks for the links Gabor. I'm less concerned about the packaging and interfacing external code (having done both before), than the prospect of calling code _I_ didn't write (kind of "green" in that department) and the overall scale (documentation etc.)

I'll get in contact with the lead developer to see what help I could look forward to - or if much is needed. I read on their forum a post that seemed to indicate his disappointment with the library not being picked for other oss - specifically mentioning R... - so he may be inclined to assist.

Does anyone else think this to be a worthwhile effort? It seems to me the big challenge is just in its scale - as the code has been sorted out over the 5 years it has been around.

Jeff