[R-sig-Finance] Fwd: Testing technical indicators

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 18:20:36 CEST 2006

I too have been looking for a more elegant solution than my current perl/R approach.

Jab - my current (yet uncoded) thinking has been to migrate everything except the raw data manipulation to R. I'd be interested to hear why you use python for some of your systems and/or test(s).

The only thing keeping me back is from a signal generation standpoint - seems to be easier to leave that outside of R.

Jeff