[R-sig-finance] Using data from yahooImport (fBasics)

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Apr 7 18:14:46 CEST 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:59:20 -0700 BBands wrote:

> On 4/7/06, Achim Zeileis <Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> > Could we please *not* have discussions like this? This is not a
> > competition (at least IMHO).
>
> Discussions like this are extraordinarily valuable. The competition of
> ideas in the market place is the mechanism of progress.

Of course. I've had off-list discussions with almost all people
involved in this thread (sometimes just one-to-one, sometimes in a
larger group) and my understanding is that essentially everyone is
d'accord that we've got to find a way to get the best of n worlds
(where is at least 2).
And if you want to team up in an effort, it is IMO easier to create an
atmosphere of doing things together rather than against each other.

Furthermore, it will be much more relaxed to discuss this over a beer
in a Viennese pub during useR! :-)

Best,