[R-sig-finance] Using data from yahooImport (fBasics)

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Apr 7 17:40:43 CEST 2006

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:41:35 +0200 Diethelm Wuertz wrote:

> Just one remark to this: When I was a student I hated it when a
> teacher said, "it is (very) easy to show that", or "it is (much)
> easier to do" and it was never shown or done ...

Ajay posted a link which did basically the same thing albeit not with
those two instruments.

> When this is the case, why one  don't show it or do it? The student
> will be happy.
> Then I think *Come on!!!*  is neither a rude nor an unfair reaction
> nor the signal for a competetion,

My impression was that the combination of implying that the posted link
was not proof enough and that it needs to be done in less than 10 lines
conveyed an atmosphere of two rival approaches. Also Ajay's first reply
was a surely a bit sloppy and could have been interpreted to be
somewhat tendential.

Hence, I tried to stop such discussions from the very start. Sorry if I
was very direct in this...

Thanks also for the other remarks. I think we'll also have time
to discuss all of this at useR! in Vienna.

Best,