[R-sig-finance] Using data from yahooImport (fBasics)

Owe Jessen jessen at econinfo.de
Thu Apr 6 13:41:50 CEST 2006

Thanks to the help from this list, I'm on my way learning how to handle R.

There are two things that bugger me:
1. Using yahooImport I can easily get financial data. But how do I
handle the data from there on?
For example, I wanted to calculate the beta of DaimlerChrysler vs. the
DAX. So I imported both datasets. How do I have to manipulate the
objects so I can have a linear regression of the returns of DCX to the DAX?

2. Using different data-sources, one usually gets timeseries of
differing length. Whats the most economical way to make shure that one
feeds the appropiate pieces to lm, plot and so on?

Thanks in advance,
Owe

--
Owe Jessen