[R-sig-finance] Saving a matrix in binary format

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Apr 5 22:12:50 CEST 2006

On 5 April 2006 at 11:16, Indrajit Chatterjee wrote:
| Hi - is it possible to save and load a matrix in binary form using R?
|

| For example save.matrix() - and load.matrix() , but where the saves and
| loads are in binary format for speed and compactness.

See  help(save)   -- it is even better than what you ask for as it works for
every R data type, allows for compression and is portable across portable
thanks to the underlying xdr binary representation.  It is the same format R
uses when it saves an interactive session.

Hope this helps, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison