[R-sig-finance] The "ast" package is good?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Mar 30 18:37:47 CEST 2006

	  I'm not familiar with the "ast" library.  I couldn't find it on CRAN
(www.r-project.org -> CRAN -> [select a mirror] -> packages).  That does
NOT mean it's not any good;  it just means that the author(s) /
maintainer(s) have not submitted it.  RSiteSearch("ast package")
revealed that other users have similarly asked about "ast" (e.g.,
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/62346.html).

	  Have you asked Prof. Masarotto why he has not contributed it to CRAN?
  I don't know, but I can speculate that he might want to debug it more,
or he may need to enhance the documentation to meet CRAN standards.  Of
course, if you volunteered to do some of this for him, you might be able
to help make it happen;  this is after all how the R project has grown.

	  hope this helps,
	  spencer graves