[R-sig-finance] Stock price distributions data

Cuvelier Etienne ecu at info.fundp.ac.be
Mon Mar 6 12:44:31 CET 2006

Hello,
Perhaps slightly out of topics, but for a research purpose, I search for stock price distributions data.
I want to test a classification method on this type of data.
I suppose it's possible to compute the distributions of a stock with the historical data, but I don't want to deal with this, because  I don't know how to choose the theorical distribution to fit.
Is anybody knows if this type of data is available, or if someone have this type of data, I'm interested (collaborations are welcome).

Thank you very much

+
+ Cuvelier Etienne
+ Assistant
+ FUNDP - Institut d'Informatique
+ rue Grandgagnage, 21   B-5000 Namur (Belgique)
+ tel: 32.81.72.49.93    fax: 32.81.72.49.67
+