[R-sig-finance] [R] Bloomberg Data Import to R

McGehee, Robert Robert.McGehee at geodecapital.com
Fri Feb 10 23:04:03 CET 2006

We have implemented interfaces to both the C API and the .NET API.
However, it was my understanding that Bloomberg was deprecating the C
API entirely in favor of the .NET API, so my company has been moving our
data pulls to the new API system. If this is the case, it may be a
wrinkle for a package based on the C API.

FYI: As a Bloomberg terminal is required to pull the data, we have
gotten around the Linux problem by setting up an Apache server on a
Windows box with a Perl or C# wrapper that connects to Bloomberg via the
respective API. We can then pull the data in from any computer by just
querying the Apache server. Seems to work quite well. Of course, someone
still needs to log into the Bloomberg each morning.

--Robert