[R-sig-finance] JOB: S-PLUS/R Finance Consultant, Mango Solutions (UK)
pcampbell at econ.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 17:41:31 CET 2005
I'm perfectly happy with relevant job postings on the mailiong list,
although I'm not responsible for maintaining the servers so Martin Maechler,
who does an excellent job, should have the final say.
We all have an interest in increasing R's user base, especially in the
ps I haven't completely discounted applying for this position
From: r-sig-finance-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:r-sig-finance-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch]On Behalf Of Rich
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 12:15 PM
Subject: [R-sig-finance] JOB: S-PLUS/R Finance Consultant, Mango
Mango Solutions, providers of S-PLUS and R consulting, development and
Training Services, are looking for 2 consultants to join their UK-based
technical team. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to work in
a customer-focused environment.
This is a unique opportunity to develop within a dynamic company which has
been expanding rapidly and profitably since it's inception in 2002. Mango
Solutions have an excellent reputation for quality work, and customers
include major finance, pharmaceutical, marketing and consumer companies.
For further information, please send your CV to careers at mango-solutions.com.
S-PLUS/R Finance Consultant (Reading, UK)
* To support the development of the R language in the financial
* To provide ad-hoc statistical software consulting services to
* To create and deliver tailored statistical software courses to
finance clients worldwide.
* To advise financial customers on statistical and software issues.
* To participate in the design and implementation of bespoke
statistical and reporting applications.
* Phd, Msc or Bsc in statistics, mathematics, physics or computer
* Knowledge of statistical languages: S-PLUS, R, or Matlab.
* Experience of programming and analysis in a financial company.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience of other finance softwares is an advantage (eg. eViews,
* Experience of general software systems is an advantage (eg. Java,
Oracle, C, XML, HTML).
* Opportunity to extend your technical knowledge within the finance
* Exposure to other areas of statistical software consulting by
working with customers from pharmaceutcal, CRM, consumer and environmental
* Flexible working environment and working hours.
* Competitive salary.
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
R-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
More information about the R-sig-finance