[R-sig-finance] JOB: S-PLUS/R Finance Consultant, Mango Solutions (UK)
Rich at mango-solutions.com
Wed Nov 23 15:13:39 CET 2005
Many apologies if I have caused offence. We are trying to recruit an R
consultant with finance sector knowledge. The R-Finance list seemed a good
place to advertise for people with this skillset.
Perhaps the alternative is to set up a section for job postings on the main
R-Project.org site, or only send such emails to the main R-Help list. As
you say, this is up for the discussion. In the meantime, let me apologise
again for any offence caused.
S & R Training and Consulting Services
From: Schumacher Franz [mailto:franz.schumacher at ppcmetrics.ch]
Sent: 23 November 2005 13:57
To: Rich at mango-solutions.com; r-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: AW: [R-sig-finance] JOB: S-PLUS/R Finance Consultant,Mango
Is this the right forum for this? In my opinion the answer is a clear "No" -
it should remain a forum for technical problems/questions. But this is of
course up for discussion.
Dr. Franz Schumacher, Zürich
Von: r-sig-finance-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:r-sig-finance-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch]Im Auftrag von
Rich at mango-solutions.com
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. November 2005 13:15
An: r-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch
Betreff: [R-sig-finance] JOB: S-PLUS/R Finance Consultant,Mango
Mango Solutions, providers of S-PLUS and R consulting, development and
Training Services, are looking for 2 consultants to join their UK-based
technical team. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to work in
a customer-focused environment.
This is a unique opportunity to develop within a dynamic company which has
been expanding rapidly and profitably since it's inception in 2002. Mango
Solutions have an excellent reputation for quality work, and customers
include major finance, pharmaceutical, marketing and consumer companies.
For further information, please send your CV to careers at mango-solutions.com.
S-PLUS/R Finance Consultant (Reading, UK)
* To support the development of the R language in the financial
* To provide ad-hoc statistical software consulting services to
* To create and deliver tailored statistical software courses to
finance clients worldwide.
* To advise financial customers on statistical and software issues.
* To participate in the design and implementation of bespoke
statistical and reporting applications.
* Phd, Msc or Bsc in statistics, mathematics, physics or computer
* Knowledge of statistical languages: S-PLUS, R, or Matlab.
* Experience of programming and analysis in a financial company.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience of other finance softwares is an advantage (eg. eViews,
* Experience of general software systems is an advantage (eg. Java,
Oracle, C, XML, HTML).
* Opportunity to extend your technical knowledge within the finance
* Exposure to other areas of statistical software consulting by
working with customers from pharmaceutcal, CRM, consumer and environmental
* Flexible working environment and working hours.
* Competitive salary.
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
R-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
More information about the R-sig-finance