[R-sig-finance] [R] Stochastic Volatility

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Sat Nov 5 16:14:02 CET 2005

This seems much more appropriate for R-sig-finance than
for R-help.

I'm curious why you think garch models are less satisfactory
than stochastic volatility models.  I'm not aware of any literature
that shows one dominating the other, and not even very much
that compares the two.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696