[R-sig-finance] get.hist.quote from tseries package

Andrew West jgalt70 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 17:40:37 CEST 2005

Yes, someone has used get.hist.quote. It's the same
data you get if you download data from yahoo finance,
as far as I can tell. If you use the adjusted close,
you can get split & dividend adjusted prices, eg:
,quote =c("Ad")
I haven't found problems with adjusted close pricing,
in my limited use of it to calculate long-term
Fama-French three-factor models, it seemed clean.
Check out the R-sig-finance archive and you'll see
discusions and uses of get.hist.quote.
There is no free source of intraday tick data that I
know of.