[R-sig-finance] problem when both fCalendar and chron packages are loaded

Parlamis Franklin fparlamis at mac.com
Wed Oct 12 20:52:19 CEST 2005

When both the fCalendar and chron packages are loaded, the function
easter(2005) returns the following object of class sdate:

[1] 'myFinCenter'
[2] [2015-03-28]

If the chron package is unloaded, the result becomes correct.  this
must be related to the following message which appears when attaching
chron:

     "The following object(s) are masked from package:fCalendar :

      day.of.week leap.year month.day.year"

It may also be related to sometimes differing origins for the julian
calendar functions (I have alternately seen 1960-01-01 and 1970-01-01
as the origin).

I cc'd the chron package maintainer.  I am hoping Diethelm, the
fCalendar package manager, picks up this list as well.

Franklin Parlamis