[R-sig-finance] Monte Carlo and Portfolio Optimization

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Sun Oct 9 18:32:40 CEST 2005

This seems like two different issues to me.

Putting a limit on the maximum weight of the assets should
alleviate the concentration that you are worried about.

The POP User's Manual (on http://www.burns-stat.com)
has a very brief section on resampling with a couple of
references, but for on-line resources I suspect that googling
for 'resampled efficient frontier' would be a good move.
The POP manual is probably more useful as background
for optimization in general than for information on resampling.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com