[R-sig-finance] Creating a Price Series From a Returns Series Using R

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Tue Sep 27 13:57:45 CEST 2005

It will depend on what type of returns you have, but
assuming you have log returns and your returns are in
'retvec', then:

pseudoprice <- orig.price * exp(cumsum(retvec))

Will give you a price series.  If you have simple returns,
one approach is to first transform them into log returns.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com