[R-sig-finance] R and Prompt

L.Isella L.Isella at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 29 12:19:07 CEST 2005

Dear All,
I am starting to use R. I need to implement a script to do some basic portfolio optimization which can be used by people with no programming skills at all.
In order to do so, the user should be asked simply to input the name of the file containing the portfolio data (e.g. foo.dat), then R will read it, plus a few y/n as an answer to some questions about the contrains on the portfolio.
What is the syntax to do this in R? In the examples I found, the scripts always directly contained the names of the files to read.
Best Regards
Lorenzo