[R-sig-finance] Long-short balanced portfolio optimization

KAHRA HANNU hannu.kahra at mpsgr.it
Fri May 27 18:39:07 CEST 2005

Jeff,

See Bernd Scherer's book "Portfolio Construction and Risk Budgeting"
http://books.global-investor.com/books/20526.htm?ginPtrCode=00000&identifier=ed046b089287e2d975ea91dd0fd89aa4.

It seems that 6. Benchmark-Relative Optimization provides the answer. I have written a code for that but I do not have the code and the book with be right now.

The optimization provides the overweights and underweights wrt a benchmark portfolio such that the weights sum to zero.

Regards,

Hannu Kahra
Progetti Speciali
Monte Paschi Asset Management SGR S.p.A.
Via San Vittore, 37
IT-20123 Milano, Italia

Tel.: +39 02 43828 754
Mobile: +39 333 876 1558