[R-sig-finance] Backtest trading strategies

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Sun May 22 13:43:25 CEST 2005

I've written backtesting code that uses POP.  It is essentially just a
for loop that steps through time and implements the strategy at each
step.  I may put a class on the result so that I can write 'summary'
and 'plot' methods to view the results more conveniently.

I would be surprised if there is something that can save substantial
time over just writing the loop yourself.  But then I'm surprised a lot.

However the backtest is computed, it seems to me that R is the
right place for the results to be viewed and analyzed.

Patrick Burns

Burns Statistics
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696