[R-sig-finance] Finance and Econometrics task view

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at R-project.org
Thu May 12 18:28:32 CEST 2005

Dear useRs,

As some of you might have noticed already, CRAN provides a new
tool: The CRAN task views (provided by package ctv) allow for improved
structuring of packages in a repository by providing an overview of
the packages available for a given topic, and they also allow
automatic installation of these packages.  The current R Newsletter,
5(1), 39-40, contains a short article that gives some more details
about task views and how to use them.

On
   http://CRAN.R-project.org/src/contrib/Views/
you can already find two task views of relevance to this list: a
Finance view (maintained by Dirk Eddelbuettel) and an Econometrics
view (maintained by Achim Zeileis). Both have, of course, some overlap,
but we tried to focus on different aspects. If you have feedback
on either view, or you want to add further information or another
package to the view, please either contact the respective maintainer, or
write directly to the list (with a Cc to the maintainer) as discussions
are very welcome and encouraged.

Econometrics and Finance have become very vibrant communities within
the R world over the last two years, and we look forward to reflecting
further enhancements and extensions in the years to come.

Dirk & Achim