[R-sig-finance] Yet another question on Bloomberg...

Jonathan Q. jqm475 at gmail.com
Sun May 1 22:30:05 CEST 2005

>From what I have read on the archives there is no simple way to get
data from bloomberg (historical dailies).  I do have an old version of
S-Plus and Finmetrics which can download bloomberg data.  I know
little about R and even less about S-Plus (the software was lying
around the office from a former employee).

Question...I wanted a file with price series updated every day or so
would it make sense to do the download via S/Finmetrics into a file
and then use the data with R??

--
Jonathan
jqm475 at gmail.com