[R-sig-finance] Really: Rmetrics help thought

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Apr 29 03:32:30 CEST 2005

Mahesh,

On 28 April 2005 at 07:22, Mahesh Krishnan wrote:
| Hello R-users,
|
| I am new to R, and am interested in coming to speed on this topic.

Welcome, but please show some mailing list etiquette and a) don't hijack
existing existing threads and b) give meaningful Subject lines.

| I would really appreciate it if you can spare me with some code that
| does the following:
|
| 1) Automatically import data from the web (for forex, equity and
| interest rates etc)
|
| 2) convert to R-metric consistent format,
|
| 3) plot pairs of data time-series: for example Euro and  DM vs dollar,
| interest rate vs dollar etc.
|
| 3) other simple functions/utility to learn the syntax and flavor of R-metrics.

Rmetrics has a rather outstanding collection of manuals and other documents
under the Documentation tab at the www.rmetrics.org website.

Hope this helps, Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers